Apple Drop Scones
|Self raising flour||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 g)|
|Dry crunchy cereal||1 3⁄4 Ounce (raisins and almonds, 50 g, Jordans, original)|
|Dessert apple||1 , peeled, cored and grated finely|
|Golden caster sugar||1 Ounce|
|Skimmed milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat spread||9 Teaspoon (e.g. Flora diet)|
|Reduced sugar strawberry jam||18 Teaspoon|
1. Into a large bowl put the flour, cereal, apple, salt and sugar.
2. Beat well adding the egg and milk until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. With cover allow to stand for 15 minutes,
4. Heat a large, heavy-based frying-pan or griddle until hot, add a little oil and drop tablespoons of the mixture into the hot pan.
5. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip over to cook the other side.
6. Transfer the cooked drop scones on to kitchen paper to cool slightly.
7. Cook the remaining batter in the same way until it is all used.
8. Serve each scone with 1/2 teaspoon of very low-fat spread and a teaspoon of the strawberry jam.