|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||7 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 1/3 Cup)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh cranberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a baking sheet.
2) In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) Drop little bits of butter into the mixture. Mix to get a crumbly mixture.
4) In a small bowl, add in the cranberries, 1/3 cup sugar, orange rind. Stir and add into the flour mixture.
5) In a bowl, mix the buttermilk and egg. Pour into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir to get a soft dough. If the dough is too liquidy, shape it into balls and dust with more flour.
6) Knead the dough on a floured surface so that the dough is well mixed.
7) Place the balls on the baking sheet.
8) Bake for about 30 minutes till the balls become golden brown.
9) Serve the Cranberry Scones brushed with soft butter. They are ideally served warm.
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.6 mg25.2%
Sodium 553.9 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 26.6% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet