Potato Scone Whirls
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Potato||6 Ounce, cooked, sieved (150 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Mix)|
|Mixed dried fruit||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1) In a bowl, add butter and rub into the flour, salt, sugar and potato.
2) Pour in the milk and mix well till a dough is formed.
3) Roll out to a rectangle and brush over with milk.
4) To make the filling, combine dried fruit, brown sugar and spice and mix well.
5) Spread the filling over the dough and roll and seal the edges.
6) Cut into 12 pieces.
7) On a greased baking sheet, arrange cut side down.
8) Place in oven for 8-10 minutes and bake at 450°F (230°C), Gas Mark 8.
9) Lightly dust the Potato Scone Whirls with sugar and serve.