Honey Scones Biscuits
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Honey||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Milk||90 Milliliter (6 tablespoons)|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Heat the oven to (220°C/425°F or Gas Mark 7).
3) In a bowl, sift the flour, spice and sugar and rub in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
4) Stir in half the honey and enough milk to make a smooth soft dough.
5) On a floured surface, turn the dough knead until smooth, then roll out to 2 cm/3/4 inch thickness.
6) With a 5 cm/2 inch cutter, cut out 10 to 12 rounds, place on a greased baking sheet.
7) Bake in the preheated hot oven for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
8) Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack, warm the remaining honey and brush over the biscuits then leave to cool.
9) In a freezer bag, pack the biscuits in a single layer, seal, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the biscuits by removing wrappings and place the frozen scones (biscuits) on a baking sheet.
11) Before serving, reheat them in a preheated moderately hot oven (200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 5) for 15 minutes or at room temperature for 2 hours
12) Serve the biscuits as snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1402 Calories from Fat 449
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.6%
Saturated Fat 31.2 g155.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.9 mg43.6%
Sodium 2924 mg121.8%
Total Carbohydrates 209 g69.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.4%
Sugars 39.9 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A 30.2% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 88.4% Iron 59.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet