Cheese Scones Biscuits
|Self raising flour||1⁄2 Pound (225 g)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 ml)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 g)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated (50 g)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
|Mustard powder||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Heat the oven to (230°C/450°F or Gas Mark 8).
3) In a bowl, sift the flour, salt and rub in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
4) Mix the cheeses and stir 50 g/2 oz/1/2 cup of the cheese mixture and mustard in the flour mixture. Then add milk to make a smooth dough.
5) On a floured surface, turn the dough knead until smooth, then roll out to 2 cm/3/4 inch thickness.
6) With a 5 cm/2 inch cutter, cut out 10 to 12 rounds, place on a greased baking sheet.
7) Bake in the preheated hot oven for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
8) Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack, leave to cool.
9) In a freezer bag, pack the biscuits in a single layer, seal, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the biscuits by removing wrappings and place the frozen scones (biscuits) on a baking sheet.
11) Before serving, reheat them in a preheated moderately hot oven (180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4) for 15 minutes or at room temperature for 2 hours
12) Serve the biscuits as snack.