Phillip Schofield'S Potato Scones
|Potatoes||750 Gram, peeled and freshly boiled|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Self raising flour||50 Gram|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Mash the potatoes and add the butter and milk very gradually.
3) Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
4) Mix together enough flour to make a stiff dough.
5) Roll out the dough on a floured board and with the help of a saucer, cut the dough into individual circles measuring 5 inches wide and ½-inch thick.
6) On the top shelf of the oven, place the dough circles and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, till golden brown in color.
7) Transfer the baked scones to a decorative serving platter and serve while still hot. If preferred, serve a dip or sauce of choice on the side. Best when served as an appetizer.
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.6 mg10.2%
Sodium 283.4 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 61.7%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet