Scones Rubbed In Mixture
|Self raising flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
1. Into a bowl, sieve the flour and salt.
2. Preheat the oven using conventional top and bottom heat, to 400 degree F
3. Grease a baking tray.
4. Cut butter into small cubes and add to the flour.
5. With your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles crumbs.
6. Add the sugar and mix well.
7. Add milk and stir quickly using a fork, until the mixture binds to form dough.
8. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead lightly 4 to 5 times.
9. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness.
10. Use a 2-inch round (plain or fluted) cookie cutter to cut out scones.
11. Arrange them on a baking tray, keeping 1 inch space between each.
12. Brush them with milk to give a sheen and golden color.
13. Bake until the scones are lightly golden brown, dry and firm.
14. Remove from the oven and slide onto a wire rack to cool.
15. Pile into a bread baskets and serve with tea topped with butter and preserves if you like.