Multi Grain Scones
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grapeseed oil/Expeller pressed canola oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Oatmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (not instant)|
|Wheat bran||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For zesty lemon topping|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F.
2) In a bowl add egg, sugar, and oil. Whisk together.
3) In another bowl add lemon zest and all the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
4) Gently add dry ingredients into the egg, sugar, and oil. Combine to form thick dough.
5) Stir in milk and combine.
6) Grease a baking pan.
7) Mound the dough in the baking pan one tablespoonful at a time. Keep 2 inches of space in between.
8) This will make 10 scones.
9) Bake for 15-20 minutes until it appears golden brown and dry.
10) Take off from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
11) Using a fork mix the Lemon Topping ingredients till the sugar is melded.
12) Drizzle 1 tablespoon over each scone before serving.