|Self raising flour||8 Ounce|
|Baking powder/8 ounce plain flour||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Baking powder/8 ounce plain flour||3 Teaspoon (Well Rounded)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cream of tartar||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cinnamon/Mixed spice||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce|
|Milk||13 Tablespoon (1/4 Pint And 5 Tablespoons)|
|Melted margarine||1 Ounce (Additional Melted Margarine)|
1. Have ready a girdle or strong frying pan. (or the hot plate of an electric cooker). Brush with melted margarine and place over a moderate heat.
2. Sieve the flour, baking powder (or other raising agent), salt, cinnamon or spice together twice into a bowl.
3. Beat the egg with the milk and gradually add to the dry ingredients.
4. Drop dessertspoons of the batter on to the hot girdle, well apart.
5. Continue until all the batter is used, keeping the cooked scones hot under a clean tea towel.
6. Serve at once, spread with butter.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 1501.4 mg62.6%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 72% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet