Classic Drop Scones
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cream of tartar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Castor sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
1) In a mixing bowl sieve flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar and sugar.
2) Create a well at the center of flour mixture.
3) Pour an egg into it.
4) With a wooden spoon stir in milk.
5) Stir from the centre of the bowl and mix well.
6) Transfer mixture into a large, heavy, flat-bottomed frying pan placed over moderate heat.
7) Dip kitchen paper in a little salad oil and rub the surface of the pan with it.
8) On the hot surface spoon tablespoons of the batter about 3-4 at a time at some distance.
9) When bubbles rises to the surface loosen the underside with a spatula and turn them over.
10) Cook the second side for a minute and remove the pan.
11) Place in between folded clean tea-cloth.
12) Rub the surface of the hot pan with the oiled paper and follow the same process with remaining batter to make scones.
13) Serve warm.
Calories 199 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.9 mg18.6%
Sodium 299.2 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.4% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet