Frying Pan Scones
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Currants||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Mix all the dry ingredients with milk.
3) Beat the eggs and add to the milk to make a smooth and creamy mixture.
4) Divide the dough in 3 or 4 parts.
5) Roll 1/4 inch thick and cut into round shape.
6) Cook in 350°F frying pan for 10 minutes.
7) Turn to brown on both sides.
8) Serve hot or cold.
Do not use grease of any kind for frying.