Buttermilk Raisin Scones
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sifted|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chilled|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Dark raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), plumped and drained|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Light brown sugar||2 Teaspoon, firmly packed, sifted|
1) Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2) Use 10-inch pie plate or round cake pan to spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place it aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
4) Cut in margarine into the mixture with the help of pastry blender, or 2 knives used scissors-fashion.
5) Add all but 1 tablespoon of the buttermilk along with the raisins and egg and stir to form dough.
6) Knead mixture to smooth and elastic dough, about 5 minutes.
7) Place the dough in prepared pan and spread over bottom to sides of pan.
8) Brush reserved 1 tablespoon milk on the surface and sprinkle with sugar.
9) Form 12 equal wedges by cutting the dough no more than 1/4 inch deep.
10) Place inside the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
11) Transfer the pan on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
12) Invert scones onto rack and let cool completely.
13) Serve the scones with your choice of dip or spread.