|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon, chilled and cut into cubes (1 Stick)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried currants||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) In a food processor, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and nutmeg together and pulse to mix.
3) Add the cold butter and pulse 15 to 20 times until the mixture is crumbly.
4) In a small bowl, whisk the egg lightly. In a 1/2-cup measuring cup, add 1/2 the egg and level with milk.
5) Pour over the flour mixture and process for about 10 seconds until to form a dough.
6) Scrape the dough over a lightly floured work surface and knead in the currants. Pat or roll the dough 1/2 inch thick and cut into 2 1/4-inch rounds with a biscuit cutter. Reroll the trimmings and cut out rounds.
7) On ungreased baking sheets, place the scones and chill for about 15 minutes or maximum overnight.
8) Mix 1 tablespoon milk with rest of 1/2 whisked egg and brush each scone with the mixture.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until lightly colored, then allow to cool on wire racks for at least 10 minutes.
10) Serve as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2342 Calories from Fat 963
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g168.6%
Saturated Fat 66.4 g331.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 480.8 mg160.3%
Sodium 2293.4 mg95.6%
Total Carbohydrates 309 g103.1%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52.1%
Sugars 109.3 g
Protein 40 g80.7%
Vitamin A 68.4% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 140.3% Iron 94.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet