Mini Rosemary Scones
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh rosemary/1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Firm butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Fat free sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Prepare the cookie sheet by spraying the cookie sheet with cooking spray
3. In a medium bowl, mix the flours, the sugar, baking powder, the baking soda, lemon peel, rosemary, and salt.
4. Using two knives cut the butter into the flours by working them in opposite directions or carry out the process by using a pastry blender. The mixture should resemble fine bread crumbs.
5. Once the mixture resembles bread crumbs, stir in the sour cream, oil and lemon juice
6. Tip the mixture out on a floured surface and then bring it together by kneading 10 times
7. Divide the dough into thirds
8. On a cookie sheet, pat the third of dough into a 5-inch circle.
9. Cut each into 6 wedges but do not separate the wedges completely
10. Bake the wedges for 12-17 minutes or till the edges are golden brown and cooked
11. Immediately remove the wedges to a wire rack for cooling
12. Carefully separate the wedges and cool
13. Serve warm