|Self raising flour||225 Gram|
|Baking powder||5 Milliliter|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (To Mix)|
1) Into a bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt.
2) Rub in the margarine till the mixture starts to look like fine breadcrumbs.
3) In the center, make a well and stir in just enough milk to make a soft dough.
4) Turn the dough onto a floured table and knead it till it is smooth. Roll out the smoothened dough to about ¾-inch thickness.
5) Cut the prepared dough into 8 equal rounds with a 2-inch cutter.
6) On a buttered baking sheet, place the rounds and use some milk to brush them.
7) Bake at the top of a hot oven for about 10 minutes, till the rounds are pale brown in color.
8) Place on a wire rack and allow to cool.
9) To freeze the preparation, pack in a polythene bag, seal, label and place in the freezer.
10) Reheat in the oven for about 10 minutes or thaw at room temperature for about 120 minutes and serve.
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3 mg1%
Sodium 1070.8 mg44.6%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 31.7% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet