Savory Butter Scones
|Self rising flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
1)In a large mixing bowl sift the self-raising flour, baking poweder and salt.
2) Add the butter in cut pieces to make the dough flakey and crumby.
3) Mix the remaining ingrediants - cheese, pimento, onion, garlic, and parsley into the mixture.
4) Slowly add the milk as required to make a soft and non-sticky dough.
5) Take a baking an 8 inche baking dish and line it with waxing or baking paper.
6) Pour the dough mixture into the baking dish and smoothen well.
7) Allow the dought the bake in the oven at the "simmer" setting for seven minutes and then switch to the highest setting for the last 3 to 4 minutes. The dough will have risen and cooked by now.
8) Once the ready, remove from the oven , and pour the 1/3 cup melted butter over the baked dough. Keep aside for 5 minutes allowing the butter to seep into the bake.
9) Once cooled, cut into 1.5 x3 inch size bites/ fingers and serve hot.
10) It serves as a great evening snack with a hot cup of coffee or tea