|Self-raising flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Porridge oats||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Margarine||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Mixed dried fruit||3 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Glace cherries||6 , chopped|
|Beaten egg||1 Large|
|Milk||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
1. Grease a baking sheet with oil or butter
2. Preheat the oven to 375° F, 190° C
3. Into a large basin, Sift flour and mix in oats.
4. Cut margarine into small cubes and add to the flour, using your finger tips, rub it into the flour until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
5. Using a wooden spoon, mix in sugar, dried fruit and cherries.
6. Using a spatula or a fork, mix in the beaten egg until well incorporated with the dry ingredients. If the batter is too stiff, add a table spoon of milk to adjust the consistency.
7. Using a dessert spoon, drop spoonful of the batter on the greased baking sheet
8. Place the baking sheet on the top level of the preheated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes till the scones are golden brown.
9. Remove tray from the oven and transfer the scones onto a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
10. Serve scorns warm, with preserve or honey.
11. You can store the scones in an air tight container in the refrigerator.