|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||5⁄8 Cup (10 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F (Gas Mark 7).
2) Into a bowl, sieve the flour, salt, soda and cream of tartar.
3) Rub in pieces of butter or margarine to the flour.
4) Use enough milk to bind the mixture so that the dough formed is soft and not wet.
5) Roll this mixture to 1/2- inch (1 1/4 cm.) thickness on a lightly floured surface.
6) Make circles from it and arrange on a baking sheet.
7) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes till the mixture is raised and is golden brown in color.
8) Serve hot.