|Plain flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cold butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Gram)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/ Gas 7. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Rub in the butter or margarine with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Gradually pour in the buttermilk, stirring with a fork to form a soft dough.
4. Roll out the dough until about 1/2 in (1 cm) thick. Stamp out rounds with a 2-inch (5 cm) biscuit cutter.
5. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden, 12-15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 840.5 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.1% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet