Orange And Raisin Scones
|Plain flour||10 Ounce (285 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 1⁄4 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Ounce, diced (70 Gram)|
|Margarine||2 1⁄2 Ounce, diced (70 Gram)|
|Orange||1 Large, rind grated|
|Raisins||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Buttermilk||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Glazing)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/ Gas 7. Grease and flour a large baking sheet.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the butter and margarine and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
3. Add the orange rind and raisins.
4. Gradually stir in the buttermilk to form a soft dough.
5. Roll out the dough about 3/4 in (2 cm) thick. Stamp out circles with a biscuit cutter.
6. Place on the prepared sheet and brush the tops with milk.
7. Bake until golden, 12-15 minutes. Serve hot or warm, with butter, or whipped or clotted cream, and jam.