Feather Light Scones
|Self rising flour||1 Pound, sifted (500 Gram)|
|Superfine sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|Ripe bananas||8 Fluid Ounce (250 Milliliter)|
|Water||6 Fluid Ounce (185 Milliliter)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Glazing)|
|Jam/Lemon curd||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix to combine. Add chopped butter (a). Using fingertips, rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add milk and water all at once and, using a rounded knife, mix lightly and quickly to make a soft, sticky dough.
2. Tum dough onto a lightly floured surface (b) and knead lightly until smooth. Press out to make 3 cm/1 1/4 in thick rectangle (c) and using a 5 cm/2 in scone cutter, cut out rounds.
3. Place scones, just touching, in a greased shallow 18 x 28 cm/7 x 11 in baking tin (d).
4. Brush with milk and bake at 220°C/425°F/Gas 7 for 12-15 minutes or until scones are well risen and golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
5. To serve, split scones and top with jam or lemon curd and cream, if desired.