|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream/Top milk or evaporated milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Hot, 450° F. Rub a bread board lightly with flour. Rub a baking sheet with shortening.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Cut in the butter or margarine, using a pastry mixer, a fork or 2 knives. Beat both egg yolks and 1 egg white together and add to the flour mixture. Add the cream or milk or evaporated milk and mix.
3. Toss the dough onto the floured board, pat lightly and roll 3/4-inch thick. Cut in rounds or squares.
4. Beat the remaining egg white slightly with 1 teaspoon cold water and brush each scone with the mixture; sprinkle with the sugar.
5. Place the scones on the baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1789 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.4%
Saturated Fat 35.1 g175.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 549.4 mg183.1%
Sodium 2840.6 mg118.4%
Total Carbohydrates 266 g88.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 38.7 g
Protein 42 g83.3%
Vitamin A 40.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 174.1% Iron 87.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet