Sunflower Sultana Scones
|Self-raising flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram, 2 Cups)|
|Baking powder||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Sunflower margarine||1 Ounce (Soft, 25 Gram, 2 Tablespoon)|
|Golden caster sugar||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce (50 Gram, 1/3 Cup)|
|Sunflower seeds||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Natural yogurt||5 Ounce (150 Gram, 2/3 Cup)|
|Skimmed milk||45 Milliliter (2-3 Tablespoons)|
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F/ Gas 8. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Sift the flour and baking powder into a howl and rub in the margarine evenly.
2. Stir in the sugar, sultanas and half the sunflower seeds, then mix in the yogurt, with just enough milk to make a fairly soft, but not sticky dough.
3. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 2 cm / 3/4 in thickness. Cut into 6 cm / 2/4 in flower shapes or rounds with a biscuit cutter and lift on to the baking sheet.
4. Brush with milk and sprinkle with the reserved sunflower seeds, then bake for 10-12 minutes, until well risen and golden brown.
5. Cool the scones on a wire rack. Serve split and spread with jam or low fat spread.
Calories 772 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.7 mg3.2%
Sodium 1729.2 mg72%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 19 g37.2%
Vitamin A 1.6% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 70.8% Iron 38.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet