Chef Instructor Corbin Evans, of the Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College in Philadelphia makes Sea Scallops and serves them with a Bloody Mary sauce.
For parsley sauce
Italian flat leaf parsley
1 Bunch (100 gm)
For the bloody mary sauce
1 Can (10 oz)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a pot with salted boiling hot water, add the parsley. Blanch the leaves for a few seconds and immediately transfer it in ice water. Gently squeeze the excess water out of the parsley and place in a blender.
2. Pour in the olive oil and puree it. Strain the contents in cheesecloth and set aside.
3. For the bloody mary: In a mixing bowl add the tomato juice, lemon juice, veal stock, green onion, cumin, kosher salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, celery seed, horseradish and mix until well combined.
4. For the sea scallops: Plate the scallops and season them with salt and pepper. Dredge these scallops in wondra flour and pat the shredded potato on the top.
5. In a saute pan over medium high, heat the oil and place the scallops 2 at a time with the potato side down and fry for 2 minutes on each side.
6. Serve the sea scallops with the bloody mary and parsley sauce.