Seared Scallops With Wild Mushrooms, Tomato Jam Snd Grilled Corn
|For the tomato marmalade:|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, ripe and cut into small chunks|
|Orange||1 Medium, juiced|
|Orange zest||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Pinch|
|For the 3-onion and basil butter:|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet onion||1 Small, dice|
|Garlic cloves||2 Small, dice|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), slice|
|Unsalted butter||1 Pound, softened|
|Basil||3 Tablespoon, chiffonade|
|For the cilantro-lime butter:|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced|
|Lime zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro||3 Tablespoon, chop|
|Unsalted butter||1 Pound|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch, softened|
|For the mushrooms:|
|Shitake mushrooms||1 Pound, slice|
|Oyster mushrooms||1 Pound, slice|
|Bacon||6 Medium, strips|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the scallops:|
|Scallops||1 Pound, fresh|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Ounce, cut into small pieces|
|Corn||4 Medium, unshucked|
1. For the Tomato Marmalade: In a pot, add Tomatoes, orange, orange zest, balsamic vinegar, ground cinnamon, cloves, sugar, kosher salt and cracked black pepper and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling, turn to low heat and simmer for 90 minutes.
3. The mixture will become very thick, like jam.
4. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. For the 3-Onion Butter: In a bowl, add Olive oil, sweet onions, garlic cloves, green onions, unsalted butter, basil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper and mix until completely combined.
6. Place in the refrigerator to keep cool.
7. For the Cilantro Butter: In a bowl, add lime, lime zest, cilantro, honey, unsalted butter, kosher salt and cracked black pepper and mix until completely combined.
8. Place in the refrigerator to keep cool.
9. For the Mushrooms: In a large saute pan, cook the chopped bacon on high until crispy.
10. Once browned and crispy remove the bacon lardons from the pan.
11. Add in the mushrooms and caramelize in the rendered bacon fat.
12. Once the mushrooms are brown add back in the cooked bacon and add salt and pepper and set aside.
13. Corn: Cook the un-shucked corn directly on the grill (at about 450° to 550°) for 10 to 12 minutes or until the husks start to turn brown and crisp on the outside.
14. Once cooked, remove from the heat and shuck.
15. For the Scallops: Line up the scallops in the center of a long cut piece of tin foil.
16. Drizzle the olive oil all over the scallops and place a small chunk of butter on each scallop.
17. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
18. Next, simply fold up the foil into a pouch or tent and place directly on the grill (450° to 550°) and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
19. Serve the scallops with the sauteed mushrooms and bacon and tomato marmalade.
20. Pair up the grilled corn with the compound butters.
21. Serve as main course.