Seared Scallops with Shaved Asparagus and Pea Puree
|For the scallops:|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crush|
|Scallops||6 Large (Diver Scallops)|
|For pea puree|
|Shallots||3 Small, chop|
|Frozen peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For shaved asparagus|
|Asparagus||6 Large, shave|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Medium|
1. Trim the ends and shave the asparagus using a peeler, set aside.
2. Roughly chop the shallots and crush the 4 garlic cloves.
3. Season the scallops with salt and pepper, set aside.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, add shaved asparagus, a few pinches of salt, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Give it a quick toss and set aside.
5. In a small pot, heat up 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil until the butter is melted and the olive oil gives off just a hint of steam.
6. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring every now and then.
7. Add frozen peas and chicken stock to the pot and bring to a boil. Boil for about 5-6 minutes. In the meantime, cook your scallops.
8. In a medium to large pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil on high heat until the butter is melted and the olive oil gives off just a hint of steam.
9. Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic and cook for about 2 minutes, remembering to flip garlic halfway through.
10. Gently place the scallops on the outer ring of the pan and cook for 3 minutes. (It is important that you do not move or touch the scallops during these 3 minutes. This will help ensure that you get that beautiful brown crust on the scallops).
11. After the 3 minutes, flip the scallops over and add your rosemary butter bomb. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, spooning the melting browned butter over the scallops often.
12. Take scallops off the heat and set aside.
13. Turn off the heat for the pea and puree your pea mixture using a hand blender.
14. Serve scallops with the pea puree and the shaved asparagus.
For making the Rosemary “Butter Bomb”: combine 4 tablespoons of butter, 2-3 rosemary sprigs, salt, and pepper.
Calories 703 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.9%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.1 mg25.4%
Sodium 602 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 31 g62.1%
Vitamin A 68.9% Vitamin C 69.4%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet