Scallops with Mushrooms
|Scallops||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 , minced|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Lemon juice||4 Drop|
1. Preheat oven hot to 400°F
2. Wash scallops well with light salted water.
3. Drain and dry on paper towels.
4. Halve or quarter scallops to make into bite-size pieces.
5. In a medium saucepan mix 1/2 cup butter, wine, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and onion to simmer.
6. Add scallops and cook over simmering heat.
7. Cook covered slowly for 5 minutes.
8. Drain out the scallops with slotted spoon. Keep aside.
9. Boil the pan liquid until reduced to butter.
10. Stir in flour and cook stirring for 3 minutes.
11. Mix cream, milk, mushrooms, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
12. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until thick.
13. Add cognac.
14. Mix two-thirds of sauce with scallops.
15. Grease shells or dishes.
16. Spoon scallop mixture into it.
17. Cover with rest of sauce.
18. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
19. Keep in preheated oven and heat for 10 minutes until sauce is warm.
20. Garnish with roe.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.3 mg36.8%
Sodium 286.5 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet