Steamed Scallops With Black Bean Sauce
|Scallops in shells||12 (Use Fresh)|
|For the sauce|
|Finely chopped garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped ginger root||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Use Fresh)|
|Finely chopped spring onions||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Black bean sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||6 Drop (Few Drops)|
1. To prepare the scallops scrub them under running cold water, then open them and discard the flat half of each shell.
2. Prise off the flesh but leave it in the shell.
3. On a large heatproof dish in a hot steamer place the scallops in their shells and steam for 8-9 minutes over a high heat.
4. In a wok or small saucepan, heat the oil and stir-fry garlic, ginger, spring onions and chili, for 30 seconds, then add the rest of the ingredients, blend well, bring to the boil, and simmer for about 1 minute.
5. Over each scallop pour about 2 teaspoons of the sauce and serve them in the shells.
The flesh can easily be removed from the shell with a pair of chopsticks or a fork.