Scallop And Mushroom Brochettes
|Sea scallops||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
|Cultivated button mushrooms||1 Pound (Use 500 Gram Fresh)|
|Olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (1/4 Cup Or 60 Milliliter)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh tarragon/1 teaspoon dried||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Limes||2 , cut into slices 1/4 inch thick|
1. Wash and clean the scallops. Remove the small, flat muscles or the foot that is attached to the side of each scallop.
2. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and wash them well. Discard the stems
3. In a large bowl whisk the oil, lemon juice, tarragon, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Add the scallops and the mushrooms to the mix and toss evenly to coat. Set this aside to marinate for 30 minutes, tossing once or twice during the cooking process.
5. Heat the grill and place an oiled rack 4-6inches from the fire
6. Drain the marinade from the mushrooms and the scallops. Set the marinade aside for later
7. Skewer the mushrooms and scallops alternately on the skewers along with lime slices.
8. Arrange the skewers on the racks and grill while turning frequently.
9. Baste the skewers with the reserved marinade during the cooking process. The scallops should cook in 6-8 minutes.
10. Serve hot with a fresh salad