Scallops And Roasted Peppers With Taglioliini
|Tagliarini/2/3 pound / 300 gram, dried||1 Pound (450 gram, fresh)|
|Fresh scallops||1 Pound, trimmed and cleaned (450 gram, fresh)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoon)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly juiced|
|White of leek||2 , thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Toasted bread crumbs||45 Milliliter, mixed with grated rind of 1 lemon (3 tablespoon, fresh)|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated|
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Roast the peppers under a hot broiler, until the skins are evenly charred. Transfer immediately in a large plastic bag , seal the bag and leave for 30 minutes.
3) Skin the peppers, seed and slice the roasted peppers into strips.
4) Season the scallops with the salt and pepper, coat thoroughly in flour.
5) In a frying pan, saute the garlic and scallops in the olive oil, until just brown. Discard the garlic clove.
6) Remove the scallops from the pan and sprinkle with the chopped parsley and lemon juice.
7) Stir in the leeks and gently saute, until soft.
8) Pour in the chicken stock, cook over a medium heat, until reduced to half the volume.
9) Stir in the scallops and pepper into the leeks and heat thoroughly.
10 ) In a pan, cook the Taglierini in the boiling salted water, until tender.
11) Drain, stir into the sauce, coat well and adjust the seasoning, if required.
12) Serve the Scallops and Roasted Peppers with Taglierini, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 770 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 134.6 mg44.9%
Sodium 493.8 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 40 g80.9%
Vitamin A 47.8% Vitamin C 168.6%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet