|Bay scallops/Sea scallops||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Dry white table wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallot/Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gruyere cheese/Swiss cheese||1⁄2 Ounce, shredded|
|Plain dried bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat a broiler.
2) Combine together the scallops, wine, shallot or onion and bay leaf in a 1-quart microwavable shallow casserole.
3) Cover the casserole with a vented plastic wrap and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes, till the scallops have turned opaque and are thoroughly cooked.
4) With a slotted spoon, put the scallops in a 1-quart flameproof casserole, reserving the wine mixture.
5) Take out the bay leaf and discard it.
6) With a small wire whisk or fork, combine together the milk and four in a 1-cup liquid measure. Stir well in order to completely dissolve the flour.
7) Into the reserve wine mixture, stir the flour mixture.
8) Add the mushrooms to the mixture and microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM (50%) for 3 minutes, till the mixture has thickened.
9) Add the thickened mixture to the scallops in the flameproof casserole. Stir well to combine.
10) Combine together the cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Mix well and sprinkle all over the scallop mixture evenly.
11) Under the preheated broiler, broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat source till the topping has turned light brown in color. This usually takes 1 to 2 minutes.
12) Serve the Microwave Coquilles while still hot, straight from the broiler. Makes a good main dish. A light, green salad can be served on the side.
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.8 mg44.9%
Sodium 782 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 60 g120%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 46% Iron 45.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet