Tongue Potato Scallop
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||4 Teaspoon|
|Mustard||4 Teaspoon, prepared|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh peas||1 Pound, shelled to make 1 cup|
|Tongue slices||8 , cooked|
|White corn||1 Tablespoon|
|White corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 350Â°.
2. In a large saucepan, cook potatoes for 45 minutes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and keep aside to cool.
3. Then, peel and slice the potatoes. Add green onions.
4. In a small saucepan, melt butter or margarine and add in flour, salt and pepper. Cook until bubbly, stir constantly.
5. Add milk and keep on cooking until sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
6. Add mayonnaise or salad dressing, 3 teaspoons of the mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
7. Add hot sauce over potatoes and onions. Toss to coat.
8. Take a large ovenproof platter or an 8-cup baking dish and add the ingredients in it.
9. In a saucepan, cook peas for 5 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain.
10. Overlap tongue slices in a ring on top of potatoes and add peas into center.
11. In a cup, mix together corn syrup and the remaining mustard. Brush over tongue.
12. Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until potatoes are hot and tongue is lightly glazed.
13. Garnish with strips of pimiento and serve hot.