Cape Cod Scallops With Tomatoes
|Sea scallops||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Defatted chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Combine together the scallops, parsley, basil, lemon juice, garlic and rosemary in a medium bowl. Keep the mixture aside.
2) Place a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat and warm the oil for about 30 seconds.
3) Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes.
4) Add the stock and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
5) To the pan, add the scallop mixture and gently simmer for about 5 minutes or till the scallops are thoroughly cooked.
6) With a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables and scallops to a serving bowl and keep them warm.
7) Raise the heat under the pan to high and boil the stock till it has reduced by about ½. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
8) Pour the sauce all over the scallops.
9) Serve right away.
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.8 mg15.6%
Sodium 337.3 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 27 g53%
Vitamin A 33.1% Vitamin C 57.4%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet