Lima And Tomato Scallop
|Canned stewed tomatoes||1 Pound|
|Canned green lima beans||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Buttered small bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (About 2 Slices)|
1. Using a strainer, drain tomatoes and lima beans from the can into a 2 cup measure. There should be 1 1/3 cup of liquid. Reserve this liquid
2. In a 6 cup baking dish, combine vegetables. Set aside
3. In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter or margarine, add flour, salt, and pepper. Over moderate heat cook until mixture boils or bubbles. Whilst hot, add the reserved vegetable liquid and cook until the mixture thickens slightly.
4. Once the mixture in thickened, pour over the vegetable in the baking dish. Mix lightly with a fork.
5. In a hot oven at 425 degrees bake for 30 minutes and sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs on the edge. The centre portion of vegetable dish should be bubbly.
6. Serve with rice or buttered bread over dinner or lunch