Osaka Fried Scallops
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh scallops||3⁄4 Pound, drained and dried|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1) Combine the flour with baking powder and salt.
2) Add beaten egg, dry ingredients and mix well.
3) Gradually add water, stirring constantly until the batter is smooth and consistent.
4) Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 360°F.
5) Dip the scallops in batter, one at a time.
6) In a deep pan, fry the scallops for 3-4 minutes, until they turn golden brown.
7) Drain the scallops on paper towels.
8) Serve hot with soya sauce or sweet & sour sauce.