Turkey Scallops Cordon Blue
|Lean boiled ham slices||4|
|Fontina cheese slices/Bel paese / gruyere cheese slices||4|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot chicken stock||6 Tablespoon|
|Watercress||1 (For Garnish)|
1) Buy ready made turkey scallops. Alternately, you can also prepare cutting out from turkey breast. From each side you should be able to make 5 slices.
2) Cut slantwise behind the wishbone before slicing the breast to get another scallop.
3) Tightly wrap in a foil. Store surplus scallops in the freezer.
4) Cut ham and cheese slices top fit into scallops.
5) Trim mushroom and slice thinly.
6) In a small pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter and sauté mushroom in it. Keep aside.
7) Coat scallops lightly with seasoned flour.
8) In a large skillet melt remaining butter over moderate heat.
9) Sauté scallops for about 5 minutes on each side.
10) Stuff a slice of ham on each scallop.
11) Thinly coat with layer of mushrooms. Sprinkle freshly ground pepper on top.
12) Add little parsley over the mushrooms. Cover with cheese slices on top.
13) Pour stock over the scallops.
14) Cover the pan with a lid or foil. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat will cheese melts.
15) Scoop out scallops and place on a hot serving dish.
16) Sprinkle remaining parsley on top. Garnish with sprigs of watercress.
17) Serve with a dish of buttered ribbon noodles and green salad.