|Fresh jalapeno/1 canned jalapeno, rinsed and drained||1 , washed and patted dry|
|Purple onion||1 Medium|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jalapeno juice||1 Tablespoon (If Using Canned Jalapeno)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and minced|
|Ground oregano||1 Pinch (Preferably Mexican)|
|Ground cumin||1 Pinch|
|Bay scallops||1 Pound|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Leaf lettuce leaves||8|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||To Taste|
1) Squeeze lemon to extract juice measuring 3 tablespoons.
2) Cut jalapeno into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
3) Slice onion thinly.
4) Halve, core, and deseed green pepper and cut into 1/2-inch julienne.
5) In a large skillet mix lime juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, jalapeno slices, jalapeno juice, garlic, oregano, and cumin and bring to a boil over medium heat.
6) Mix in scallops and simmer on reduced heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to medium-size bowl.
7) Place skillet on medium heat and add remaining olive oil. Stir in onion and green pepper, and saute for 5 minutes.
8) Take away from heat and add vinegar, salt, pepper and lend.
9) Line 4 serving plates with lettuce and top with scallops. Pour sauce over scallops. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes on top.