|Cape scallops||1 Pint|
|White wine||1 Pint|
|Shallots||3 , finely chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking liquid||1 Cup (16 tbs) (In Which Scallops Were Cooked)|
1. Slice mushrooms thinly.
2. Preheat the oven to 400-425°F.
3. In a large stock pot, add scallops to wine and boil until tender.
4. Drain, reserving the broth and cut scallops into quarters.
5. In a saucepan, melt the butter over a medium low flame.
6. Add the shallots, mushrooms and parsley and sauté until the onions are soft.
7. Add flour and seasonings and sauté until well blended.
8. Gradually add the scallop cooking liquid and blend well.
9. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously to prevent lumps.
10. Reduce the flame and stir in the cream, simmering until hot and bubbly, stirring all the time.
11. Take pan off the flame and gently stir in the cooked scallops.
12. On a baking sheet, arrange the scallop shells.
13. Spoon the mixture into each shell.
14. Combine the bread crumbs and butter.
15. Sprinkle over the scallops.
16. Bake in preheated oven for a few minutes lightly browned.
17. Arrange on a serving plates and serve hot with lemon wedges.