1. FOR SAUCE: In a mortar, add raspberries and salt. Grind with the pestle and transfer the content to a large mixing bowl. Grind thyme sprigs in the same mortar and mix with the raspberry mixture.
2. Add white wine and brown sugar and mix well with a plastic spatula. Keep the mixture inside the refrigerator for marinating. After marinate filter the mixture and add more brown sugar to adjust the sweetness.
3. FOR SCALLOPS: Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
4. FOR MAKING SAUCE: In a sauce pan, melt butter and pour in the raspberry mixture. Lower the heat and boil the sauce to reduce volume to 1/3.
5. FOR MAKING SCALLOPS: In a frying pan over medium heat, melt butter and fry the scallops until browned. Flip the scallops with a pair of tongs and fry the other side.
6. Serve the seasoned scallops with raspberry thyme sauce.