Bacon Wrapped Scallops
|Bacon||8 (Thick Slices)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
1) In a non-stick skillet, cook the bacon over a medium-high heat for about 2 to 4 minutes.
2) Wrap a bacon around the side of each scallop and secure each with two cross-wise wooden picks.
3) Drain off the excess fat from the skillet and add a little margarine into the skillet.
4) Place the bacon-wrapped scallops into the skillet with the scallop-side down.
5) Brush the scallops with melted butter and season with the salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
6) After about 4 minutes, flip over the scallops, then brush the scallops with melted butter and season with the salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
7) Allow the scallops to cook on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes until done.
8) Remove the wooden picks and serve immediately.
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 446
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78%
Saturated Fat 30.1 g150.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.9 mg47.6%
Sodium 260.8 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g0.41%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 34% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet