Veal Scallops Marsala
|Thin veal scallops||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Marsala wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Ask butcher to pound scallops paper thin. If butcher doesn't pound them thin enough, do it at home. Place each scallop between
2 pieces of waxed paper and pound with the flat side of a cleaver or use a meat pounder or any heavy flat object.
2. Dust scallops with flour. Melt butter in large skillet, add oil and heat. Brown scallops quickly.
3. Cover with wine and continue cooking until the wine is reduced to half. Turn scallops once during cooking.
4. When wine is reduced and the meat is tender, remove meat to hot platter and add 1/4 cup wine to the pan.
5. Bring to a boil, add parsley and pour over the veal.
6. Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.