Veal Scallops Marsala
|Thin veal scallops||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Marsala wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Ask butcher to pound scallops paper thin. If butcher doesn't pound them thin enough, do it at home. Place each scallop between
2 pieces of waxed paper and pound with the flat side of a cleaver or use a meat pounder or any heavy flat object.
2. Dust scallops with flour. Melt butter in large skillet, add oil and heat. Brown scallops quickly.
3. Cover with wine and continue cooking until the wine is reduced to half. Turn scallops once during cooking.
4. When wine is reduced and the meat is tender, remove meat to hot platter and add 1/4 cup wine to the pan.
5. Bring to a boil, add parsley and pour over the veal.
6. Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2721 Calories from Fat 1419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g245%
Saturated Fat 54.3 g271.4%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 872 mg290.7%
Sodium 1021.8 mg42.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 208 g415.4%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet