1. In a large saute pan, render the bacon fat and halfway through the bacon being cooked add in the chopped onion and cabbage to caramelize.
2. Once done, de-glaze with some white wine and adjust seasonings.
2. In the meantime, season the scallops with salt and pepper and saute in a pan on high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook on all sides and set aside.
3. In the same pan, caramelize the garlic and add the mushrooms to cook.
4. Once caramelized, add Madeira wine and de-glaze.
5. Add the tarragon and let it cook for a few minutes.
6. Plate the cabbage, scallops and mushrooms in that order and garnish with Parmesan shavings and serve.