How to make Bacon Wrapped Scallops
|Scallops||1 Pound (rinsed and dried with muscle removed)|
|Sage||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , cut into wedges|
1. Soak the toothpicks in water for about 30 minutes.
2. Par boil the bacon strips for about 3 minutes and set aside.
3. Wrap a piece of blanched bacon around each scallop and thread with a toothpick to keep together. Transfer the wrapped scallops onto a plate.
4. Season the scallops with sage and drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice.
5. Grill the scallops for 2-3 minutes per side over a medium hot fire.
6. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg9.8%
Sodium 206.6 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet