Rotini With Scallops
|Dried rotini/Other corkscrew-shaped pasta||1 Pound (455 Gram, 7 Cups)|
|Bay scallops||1 1⁄2 Pound, drained, rinsed (680 Gram)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground white pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Fat free low sodium chicken broth||240 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, blended with 80 milliliter water|
|Water||80 Milliliter (For Blending Cornstarch)|
|Low fat sour cream/Regular sour cream||120 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
1. Bring 16 cups (3.8 liters) water to a boil in a 6- to 8-quart (6- to 8-liter) pan over medium-high heat. Stir in pasta and cook just until tender to bite (8 to 10 minutes); or cook according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, place scallops in a large bowl. Add paprika, basil, thyme, mustard, and white pepper. Mix until scallops are well coated.
3. Heat oil in a wide nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook, stirring often, just until opaque in center; cut to test (about 3 minutes). Lift out and set aside, reserving juices in pan.
4. Drain pasta well. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
5. Increase heat to high and cook reserved juices until reduced to about 1/4 cup (60 ml). Add broth and bring to a boil. Stir cornstarch mixture well and add to broth. Bring to a boil again, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and scallops. Spoon over pasta
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2732 Calories from Fat 460
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.3%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 402.6 mg134.2%
Sodium 2135.1 mg89%
Total Carbohydrates 359 g119.6%
Dietary Fiber 44.7 g178.8%
Sugars 33 g
Protein 233 g466.2%
Vitamin A 83.4% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 109% Iron 190.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet