1. Cook linguine according to package directions, without adding oil or salt. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic until golden, but do not bum.
3. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture, wine and black pepper to the skillet; bring to a boil.
4. Add scallops and Parmesan; simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add pepper strips and snow peas; simmer 1-2 minutes, stirring gently. Remove garlic.
5. Toss linguine with hot scallops.