|Sourdough sandwich bread slice||1 Ounce, torn into pieces (1 Slice / 30 Gram)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced / pressed|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Watercress||5 Ounce, coarse stems removed, sprigs rinsed and crisped (1 Bunch / 140 Gram)|
|Sea scallops||1 Pound (455 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. To prepare stir-fried crumbs, whirl bread in a blender or food processor to make fine crumbs. In a wide nonstick frying pan or wok, combine crumbs, 1 1/2 teaspoons water, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, and a fourth of the garlic. Stir-fry over medium heat until crumbs are crisp and golden (about 5 minutes); remove from pan and set aside. (At this point, the crumbs can be cooled, covered in an airtight container, and stored at room temperature until next day.)
2. Let crumbs cool slightly. Stir parsley into crumbs and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, stir together wine, lemon juice, and honey; set aside. Arrange watercress on a large rimmed platter; cover and set aside.
4. Rinse scallops and pat dry; cut into bite-size pieces, if desired. Melt butter in remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a wide nonstick frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. When butter mixture is hot, add remaining garlic, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) water, and the scallops. Stir-fry until scallops are just opaque in center; cut to test (3 to 4 minutes).
5. Stir wine mixture well and pour into pan; bring just to a boil. With a slotted spoon, lift scallops from pan; arrange over watercress. Pour pan juices into a small pitcher. Sprinkle scallops with stir-fried crumbs and garnish with lemon wedges. Offer pan juices to add to taste