Fall is the time to enjoy Virginia apples and Chef Maxwell has a classic recipe for us, Virginia scallops & Apple salsa.
2 Ounce, diced
2 Ounce, diced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Salt and pepper
1 Pound, stemmed and cleaned
For the apple salsa
Granny smith apples
4 , diced
Apple juice/Apple cider vinegar
1 Teaspoon, finely chopped
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a saute pan on medium high, add the bacon, heat until the fat melts away and the bacon becomes crispy. Once done, remove the bacon and set it aside in a bowl.
2. In the same pan, add the scallops in the bacon fat and pan fry them for 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp. Once done, transfer them onto a serving plate and set aside.
3. For the apple salsa: In a large mixing bowl, add the apples, jalapeno, lime, orange and lemon zest, cilantro, green onions, lime juice, cranberry sauce, apple juice. Mix until well combined and set aside.
4. In the heated sauteed pan with bacon fat, add the onions, spinach, apple cider. Mix well and steam the spinach until it wilts.
5. Once the spinach is wilted, stir in the crispy bacon and mix until combined. Switch off the heat and get ready to serve.
6. Take the serving plate with pan seared scallops, add wilted spinach and top it off with the apple salsa.
7. Serve this scallops and apple salsa immediately garnished with extra bacon.
Fall is the time to enjoy delicious recipes using fresh apples and spinach. Chef Maxwell has a classic recipe to show, smoked bacon scallops with spinach and apple salsa. Take a look at this impressive video and make your holidays special with this excellent recipe to enjoy!