This week I cooked up a southern classic -- a Low Country Boil. This is an easy dish that takes a little time to make but is totally worth it. If you have guests coming over to enjoy the great spring weather, this would be a great meal to serve.
4 Medium, cut in half
Smoked turkey sausages
2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
Zatarain s shrimp boil
Zatarain shrimp boil concentrate
2 Medium, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks (with roots)
1. Clean the shrimps.
2. Chop the onions into chunks with roots to hold during boiling.
3. Cut the corn ears into half.
4. Slice the sausages into thick slices.
5. In a large pot, fill water and heat.
6. Put red potatoes, corn ears, sausages into it.
7. Add the shrimp boil and the concentrate and mix well to combine.
8. Put in the sweet onions and let it cook for 40 minutes on high heat.
9. Add the shrimps and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or till the shrimps turn pink.
10.Turn off the heat and drain the water.
11. In a serving plate, place each of the ingredient and serve hot.