1. Heat up oil in a deep fat fryer or in a large wok or skillet, to about 375 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the boudin into 2-inch pieces (cylinders).
3. Using a sharp tipped knife, slit and peel the casing off each piece of sausage.
4. Spread the bread crumbs on a plate and beat the eggs/pour egg from carton into a large bowl.
5. Drop the boudin balls into the egg and coat well, then roll in bread crumbs until evenly coated on all sides.
6. When the oil is hot, drop the crumbed boudin balls into the hot oil, (in batches of 5-6) and deep fry until nicely browned and crispy.
7. Remove using wire basket or slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling.
8. Fry the remaining crumbed boudin balls.
9. Serve the Boudin Balls hot and crispy, with some Lousiana hot sauce for dipping if you like!
You can also use plain bread crumbs and season them with cajun spices and seasonings of your choice.
If you can not get ready boudin, you can make it at home.