Curried Wiener Ring
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Tart apple||1 , pared, cored and chopped|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||5 Ounce (1 Small Can, 2/3 Cup)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frankfurters||1 Pound (8 In Number)|
1. Pre-heat oven to 325° F.
2. As per the label directions on package, cook rice.
3. As the rice cooks, in a large frying pan melt butter or margarine; put in curry powder, dry mustard, onion, apple and celery; gently fry for 10 minutes.
4. Mix in evaporated milk and water.
5. In an 8-cup baking dish, mix the mixture with cooked rice.
6. Using a knife, halve the frankfurters, then split lengthwise.
7. Mix all but 8 pieces into rice mixture; keep the remaining pieces to form a circle on top; cover.
8. Bake for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
9. Serve hot.
Calories 664 Calories from Fat 348
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g86.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.3 mg36.4%
Sodium 997.3 mg41.6%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 22 g45%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 104.2%
Calcium 47.8% Iron 32.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet